Waiting on Wednesday (44): Snow Like Ashes

Hey all! It's been 3 months since I last participated in Waiting on Wednesday. It's been soooo busy in school this past few weeks but school will be over in one more week, which is nice.  But after, my family and I will be off to the province where it's all trees and mountains. Hopefully, my grandparents have installed wifi or I'll be stuck with prepaid broadband again. 

Anyway, while I'm at it, if you lovelies have time, please check out my friend's new group blog: Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. I'm being bullied by her to promote it, lol. But honestly, this friend has done so many things for my blog. She's help me with so much and the only thing she ever asked me for in return is bookmarks. And bookplates. And button pins. With bullying on the side. 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine.

My WoW

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1)
by Sarah Raasch
Expected Publication:  October 14th 2014 by Balzer + Bray

A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

Sara Raasch’s debut fantasy is a lightning-fast tale of loyalty, love, and finding one’s destiny.
The only genre I've read since the start of the year is contemporary NA so it would be a breath of  fresh air to read some high fantasy YA, preferably one that is released soon but hey, my TBR is also in dire need of epic fantasy. Also, this book's title + summary = kickass.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm interested! Wait: October? That's way too far ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to Snow Like Ashes too. October is so far away though :( Great pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're done school in a week? Nice! Does school start earlier there then, Chel?

    I can't wait for this one either. I love fantasy so hopefully this one will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHEL! *happy dance* I'm so excited for this one too! YA fantasy is a genre that's been growing on me more and more each time I've picked a book up, and now I just can't get enough of it. *makes grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com