Waiting on Wednesday (32): Split Second

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine

My WoW:

by Kasie West
Hardcover, 320 pages
Expected publication: February 11th 2014 by HarperTeen

Book Description:

Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.


Pivot Point is one of the most surprising reads for me this year. The ending is as frustrating as ever though so I'm so excited to read this and see Addie and Trevor together again. Also, that cover = fierce!

16 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD WE HAVE THE SAME WOW!!!!!!! SCREAMS SPLIT SECOND! WHY IS FEB 11 SO FAR AWAYYY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read Pivot Point but good to know that the sequel will be out soon. So I have to hurry now. ;)

    Here’s my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an opportunity to read first novel and I said no - *bangs her head*!
    Great pick.

    New GFC follower.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the first book but still haven't read it! I will need to get to that soon, though. And I love this cover, it's so gorgeous <3
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a popular one today. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read the first book :)

    happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ME TOO CHEL!!!! I cannot wait for this book, like you Pivot Point was a surprise read for me and I was not expecting to love it as much as I did. I need this book asap. More Addie and Trevor please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wait for this one may just kill me! I loved Pivot Point so so much!

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to read Pivot Point! I've heard great things about it. LOVE the covers to both books. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll have to wait until Split Seconds almost out before I start Pivot Point, sounding from that ending.

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh book 1 of this was pretty good I'm excited to see where the story will go from here! I also really like the covers of this series! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the first book, though I really want to! Hopefully before this one comes out. :) Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed Pivot Point so I can't wait for this one either, Chel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of this, it sounds good! I still have to read the first book though.

    New GFC follower:)

    Katie @ The Quiet Girl Talks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually couldn't stand Pivot Point. I almost didn't finish it. Didn't like the characters or the plot, probably cause I was expecting something else.

    Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good one! Uhh, not that I've read the first book yet, but I do recall everyone really loving it earlier this year. It's interesting that you say it was one of the most surprising reads for you this year because I recall feeling surprised that everyone loved Pivot Point so much because I hadn't been expecting anything from it.

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com