Waiting on Wednesday (24): Trapped


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My WoW:
Trapped (Iron Druid Chronicles #5)
by Kevin Hearne
Paperback, 320 pages
Expected publication: November 27th 2012 by Del Rey

Synopsis:

After twelve years of secret training, Atticus O’Sullivan is finally ready to bind his apprentice, Granuaile, to the earth and double the number of Druids in the world. But on the eve of the ritual, the world that thought he was dead abruptly discovers that he’s still alive, and they would much rather he return to the grave.

Having no other choice, Atticus, his trusted Irish wolfhound, Oberon, and Granuaile travel to the base of Mount Olympus, where the Roman god Bacchus is anxious to take his sworn revenge—but he’ll have to get in line behind an ancient vampire, a band of dark elves, and an old god of mischief, who all seem to have KILL THE DRUID at the top of their to-do lists.

Oh, Atticus. I knew you ought to have a hot bod but I never really gave much thought to it until I saw the cover of Trapped. And look, Granuaile is behind him as well! This is the first book in the series where Atticus is not alone on the cover. Anywaaay, I finished book 3 sometime ago and am midway through book 4 and dude, I tell you, this series just keeps getting better and better and better!

16 comments:

  1. o0o0 I haven't read The Iron Druid Chronicles, but I've wanted to for a while! The whole series looks great!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the 1st I've heard of this series. Good pick. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this series :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting but I haven't read the previous. I might add it to my to-read list so I could read it later but I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this series yet but the cover reminds me of Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series. Also, I just love Greek myth. Might check this out soon.

    Thank you for sharing, Chel :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that too when I first saw the cover, but then I noticed Atticus' goatee and then the image was ruined. :/

      Delete
  6. Why yes, I am planning on starting this series because of the cover model. How did you know? ;)

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *cannot* wait for this one. I've done all of these through audiobook and will continue to do so with Trapped (Luke Daniels is an AMAZING narrator). I think this is one of my all time favorite series!!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books sound wonderful; I really need to get started.

    My WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha, is that a goatee though? I'm not a fan of goatees :) I know how much you're loving this series so I'm not surprised to see Trapped as your WoW pick, Chel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pick. I've heard great things about this series. I must read it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Chel! Great pick & thanks for stopping by our blog, we're now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep hearing amazing things about this series.
    I love the cover too.
    Fab choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read the Iron Druid Chronicles yet, but it looks awesome! =)) Great choice! Thanks for stopping by out blog! :D

    New Follower via GFC! x)

    -Alyana @ Read, Breathe, Read
    (http://readbreatheread.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com