Waiting On Wednesday (13): From Willa, With Love

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My WoW:
From Willa, With Love
Coleen Murtagh Paratore
Expected publication: July 1st 2011 by Scholastic Press

Summary:

It's a surprising, sparkling summer for Willa!

It's August on Cape Cod and Willa has a lot to look forward to. Soon, JFK will return home from baseball camp, and Willa has an idea for an exciting new project that will challenge her to dream big! But life throws Willa some unexpected twists and turns: Ruby has bad news, a beloved friend leaves, a dear friend returns, her brother Will has something he does't want to talk about, and of course, there's a wedding to plan! There's also a cute boy who likes Willa . . . a lot, and Willa thinks she might like him too. It's a summer full of romance and surprises!


Why am I waiting for From Willa, With Love? Summer + Contemporary YA = Win! I'm going back to  Contemporary madness after the disappointing outcome of my Dystopia madness. :(

Oh, and a week from now we're going back to the Philippines. I hope it's for permanent. I'm still not quite used to living here in the US. I feel the same way I felt when we moved here half a year ago. A total stranger. It doesn't help that the nearest neighbor lives half a mile away from our house.

When I was in the Philippines I used to whine about how there were so many noisy kids playing in the streets, but now I rarely see a human being! Okay that was an understatement. I see a bunch of old dudes and dudettes but rarely teenagers. Whenever there's a teenager walking outside, my sis and I would stare through the window. I swear we both look like creeps! Anyway, I'm so excited to go back! I wish grandma has wifi and cable in the province. Oh, and I hope it's rainy season there already. I hate the Philippine summer. It's too freaking hot!

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds so cute. Great pick! Here is mine

    I hope you will still blog from the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't heard about this one. Who's the JFK referred to in the description? I'm in the mood for some contemporary YA myself.

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com