Waiting on Wednesday (4): Tris & Izzie


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My WoW:
Tris & Izzie
by Mette Ivie Harrison
October 11th 2011

Summary:

(UNOFFICAL description, subject to alteration)

A modern retelling of the German legend "Tristan and Isolde", "Tris and Izzie", is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until-- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.

Light, contemporary romantic fantasy for teens

Why am I waiting for Tris & Izzie?  I admit I'm not that into the summary, but oh, look at that cover! I don't know of any book called Tristan and Isolde, but Tris & Izzie totally had me when I first saw its cover.

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color! I can't wait to read the book! You have a really nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the re-imagining is as fantastic as the cover this should be awesome. Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looking forward to this one. I love modern re-tellings.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks very tempting...love that cover!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tristan and Isolde is a heartbreaking classic tale - but I still plan to read this modern day twist on it! I love the cover. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is definitely a TBR book! I was drawn to this book by the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my WoW pick as well! I can't wait to read this book, it sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the cover as well and have this one on my wishlist too. I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com