Book Review: Bloodlines

Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)
by Richelle Mead
Hardcover, 421 pages
Published August 23rd 2011 by Razorbill
Source: Bought

Summary:

The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

Review:

I am obsessed with Sydney x Adrian. I loved Sydney and Adrian in Vampire Academy, but after reading Bloodlines, I was a goner. I've been shipping them so hard ever since! I spend hours reading Sydney and Adrian fanfics but they're not enough. (I really wish more people would write Sydrian fanfics.) I seriously, seriously need the second book now or I'm going to explode!

I love Sydney! Her character is a far cry from Rose but I like her all the same. I especially like it when Adrian's in the picture. He makes every scene interesting. The fact that Sydney thinks that vampires are creatures of the night, and is scared of them and their magic makes scenes with Adrian all the more amusing. Also, Sydney has a knack in knocking sense into him. It was awesome to see some improvement on Adrian. I gotta say though, the ending was a real killer! I'm just excited to see how things between Sydney and Adrian are going to unfold. I'd love to finally see him free from Rose.

I also like the fact that RM is taking time on building Sydney and Adrian's relationship. I am ashamed to admit that I'm the type of person who values romance in YA so much. I rarely read YA books with no romance. Bloodlines doesn't have romance but I still love it like crazy! If you loved Adrian and want to see him finally get his happy ending, start with Bloodlines now!!!

Rating: 5/5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one but you've made me all excited about a potential Sydney-Adrian pairing. I've loved Adrian right from day one and am looking forward to seeing things from Sydney's POV since I think she's interesting but don't know much about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did really enjoy Richelle's Vampire Academy so I think I'll have to give this one a shot. Plus, I love that she's slowly building the love relationship instead of sending them headlong into it.

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com