In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Eek! It's been so long since I posted on this blog. I hope you guys still remember me. :/ I haven't been a very productive blogger since I arrived here in the Philippines. I think I've only read one or two books since we arrived here... And no reviews at all!

I'm having a great time with my cousins and newly found friends. But, not everything is great around here. First, the constant blackout. My grandparents live in a rural area. Not a day misses without 1-4 30min-2hr blackout. Second, the place is surrounded either by water or woods, and creepy/weird animals like tokay geckoes and ginormous centipedes. I had an encounter with one of the resident geckoes. It had a really huge head I thought it was a snake! Lastly, I lost my laptop, cellphone and camera at the airport. I don't know why but I'm not that sad that I lost those gadgets. They have internet connection here but it's only dial-up.

Anyway, here are the books that I got since my last IMM a month ago:

Playing HurtSeaFins Are ForeverFront and Center (The Dairy Queen Trilogy)Carter Finally Gets It
Playing Hurt - Holly Schindler
Sea - Heidi Kling
Fins Are Forever - Tera Lynn Childs
Front and Center - Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Carter Finally Gets It - Brent Crawford

Philippine bookstores have a surprisingly huge amount of selection of books. I got these when we went to Manila. Practically 75%-90% of the books are in English language. They are slightly cheaper than in US too! And they have plenty of paperbacks!

Tris and IzzieThe Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of AjaxAmbitious (Kimani Tru)FuryWitchlanders
From NetGalley:
Tris & Izzie - Mette Ivie Harrison (Egmont USA - Oct 11, 2011)
The Mephisto Covenant (Egmont USA - Sep 27, 2011)
Ambitious - Monica McKayhan (Harlequin - Aug 23, 2011)
From Simon & Schuster Galley Grab:
Fury - Elizabeth Miles (Aug 30, 2011)
Witchlanders - Lena Coakley (Aug 30, 2011)

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

5 comments:

  1. I have read Dairy Queen and The Off Season early this month. And I like it! I'm looking forward to read book 3, Front and Center. Can't wait to see your review towards it!

    I have heard great things about the series Fins. I long to read Forgive My Fins.Sea seems great too. Happy reading!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing Hurt was sooo good! I read Tris & Izzie and Sea, but I felt like those books were just okay. You got a ton of great book this week and I hope you enjoy them! Here's My IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stack of books. I already have both Fury and Witchlanders and am hoping to read both soon. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have a great pile of books there! Fury looks great, I really want to read that one.

    I love your blog title, it's cool! I'm a new follower... check out my IMM @

    http://australianbookshelf.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/in-my-mailbox-10/

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com