Book Review: Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach (ARC)

Wake Unto Me
by Lisa Cach
208 pages (Paperback)
Published March 31st 2011 by Speak
ISBN: 0142414360 (ISBN13: 9780142414361)


Summary:

A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt -- not to mention a princess for a roommate! -- all await 15 year old American girl Caitlyn Monahan when she earns a scholarship to a French boarding school.

There are secrets behind the stone walls of Chateau de la Fortune, buried for centuries along with the mystery of who killed Raphael, the charming ghost who visits Caitlyn at night. But as Caitlyn unearths the history of the castle, nothing scares her as badly as the secret she learns about herself, and the reason she was chosen to come to the Fortune School.

And nothing breaks her heart as badly as falling in love with a dead guy.


Source: Borrowed

Review:

If it wasn't for the good reviews, I wouldn't have read Wake Unto Me. I've been seeing this a lot in other book blogs, but never had it never caught my interest. I didn't even know it was about witches and ghosts and french boarding schools until I read it. You know when you have no idea what a book is about, and yet, out of nowhere, the urge to start reading it attacks you? And then when you read it, bam! You're blown away. That was exactly how I met this book.

I enjoyed this book a lot especially the protagonist, Caitlyn Monahan. Even though I could not fully comprehend what type of personality she really has.  Her character was a bit inconsistent. Sometimes, she would act shy. Sometimes, a bit crazy. Sometimes, bold. Nonetheless, she was very funny and interesting. Though, I'd really love to see her personality have some more consistency in the sequel because I didn't feel like I got to know her that much in the book.

One thing I did not think this book would be about were ghosts. I know the cover has a ghostly apparition of a guy, but I didn't think that there was actually a ghost. Let me share you a secret. I have never, ever, ever been scared by a book about ghosts and other dead things. Never. Until I read Wake Unto Me. The description of that ghost Caitlyn encountered in the school. Scared. The. Hell. Out. Of. Me. I was so absorbed with the story that I didn't notice how I was trying to push the book away from me while still trying to sneak a peak of it. Unbelievable, I know.

I can't wait for this book to be released. I hope a lot more people would be able to see the awesomness of this book. I absolutely recommend Wake Unto Me to everyone!

Rating: 5/5 stars

12 comments:

  1. new GFC follower! love the blog and can't wait to read more of your posts! the cover rocks, so i'll be reading it!


    follow me?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only heard positive things about this book so far !! I can't wait to read it : it seems so romantic, besides it is set in a cstle in France (my country) .. so I'll definitely want to read it !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've certainly given this book high praise, other than character development. I haven't read a book scary enough to elicit that type of reaction! Actually, I tend not to read anything remotely like that but you've intrigued me.

    Thanks for the blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh...a scary book. How fun! I kind of like books where the protag's personality isn't consistent. It's more realistic. Of course, that depends on how the author handles it. It can also come off as sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing review, makes me want to read this book right away..
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like something i would love to read....will check it out! Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Really looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cover, but I think this book would scare the crap out of me. Great review though. I probably won't read the book though...even though I like the cover!

    Amy // artsyrockerchick at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just CANNOT do Zombie books. It's like my buzz word, I can't imagine reading a zombie book. Zombies are icky, not hott.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read this book for so long and your review makes me want it more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, although this is the first review I have read of this book, I'd love to read it. The plotline is one that I find original and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing this book everywhere in the blog world but never really paid attention to it until now and now I have the urge to read it...great review

    ReplyDelete

Internet high-five for every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com